Our April BGM was a pretty nice one, wasn’t it? It has a vocal version by the way, performed by Katakiri Rekka. The song is highly recommended. It was added to my mp3 collection early last month, you can refer to this post for details. As for this month’s BGM, I’m not even going to ask you to guess, because you should recognize it right away. It’s the instrumental version of a song of which it might appear that the lyrics totally outshines the music, however that’s only when you listen to the song. If you listen to just the music, you will find out that the music itself is also stunningly beautiful. Kudos to the arranger, ANANT GARDE EYES. Click “Background Music” on the right under the link section to listen to it now.
PS If you’re interested in the lyrics (which you should, because the lyrics is the essence of this song), I translated it and wrote a post about it which you can read here.
It’s x Days, there are already plenty of discussions about the game (series) everywhere, so I will save it. Besides, I have yet to try out Cross Days, and strictly speaking I didn’t finish School Days & Summer Days. I have to say though, I was one of the first few proud(?) ones to get the patch working on Summer Days and try out Kokoro’s H-scene. 😀 Anyway, like the previous works’ albums, Cross Days’ OST features OP/ED/Inserts etc. that are performed by singers whom you should be highly familiar with. Let’s take a look at the tracklist below (those tracks without [ ] means they are BGMs, written by HIKO):
1. First Note [KIRIKO]
2. Hitotsuboshi [yozuca*]
3. be there [Rita]
4. timeless melody [Chata]
5. Eternal Flow [Ceui]
6. Sunadokei [Riryka]
7. First Note -Wake Up Ver.-
8. Aruhi no Dekigoto
9. Daisuki na Basho
10.Haruka na Mado no Akari
12.Vale no Mukou
13.Jugyou ga Owatta!
14.Yaburekake no Kokoro
15.Nagai Kage, Kimi ni Todoke
16.Sono Page no Saki
18.Jibun he no Uso
19.Nukumori ha Toki wo Tomeru
20.Eien nimo Kaegatai Mono
21.Makoto ni Ikidoori wo Kanjimasu
22.Tsume ga Amai!
23.Kimi ni Tsutaetai Koto
24.Yuuki wo Dashite Fumidasou
25.First Note -Mellow Reprise Ver.-
The songs are pretty okay, just that the OP song “First Note” sounds really depressing to me for some reason (nope, it’s not because of the lyrics, even though the lyrics isn’t exactly cheerful). I wonder if it’s just me. Anyway, “Brave Song” is occupying my mind too much right now to comment on anything else. Talking about that, our background BGM has been updated, read this post for more details.
First of all, in case you wonder, this album has nothing to do with Higurashi or Umineko. Produced by Chambers Records, after putting out albums about summers and snowing winters (Natsu Uta series and Yuki Furu Uta series. In fact, we still have Natsu Uta 2 -Kimi to Kanaderu Ai no Uta- on our current tracker), this time it’s about graduation. Like its previous albums, they have also put together a group of recognizable singers together for this one, as you can see below:
1. Brand-New Spring [Rita]
2. Akaneiro no Kimi he [Oomori Mariko]
3. Ashita ni Mukatte [Yuduki]
4. a-tempo [yuiko]
5. Sotsugyou [yukana]
6. Sakura Illumination [Marie]
7. 2nd Introduction [Nakahata Takeharu]*
8. Sayonara Arigatou [Chata]
9. Bokura no Ashita [Uchiyae Yuka]
10.Let’s go on everyday -Kono Basho kara- [Mint]
11.Watashi no “Sayonara”. [Katakiri Rekka]
12.Boku ga Otona ni Naru Hi [Gojou Mayumi]
Personal pick of this album would be track 8. Even though I have been mentioning on IRC that Chata is the one who’s been standing out lately among the “doujin queens”, no, I didn’t pick the song because of that reason. It’s a pure coincidence.
In case you wonder why we did not release the 1st album, “assorted voices”, it’s because I have yet to get ahold of its scans. But anyway, let’s take a look at this one’s tracklist:
1. Shinsei Philosophy [Yui Yamamoto]
2. Hoshikuzu no Kizuna [Lia]
3. For the Truth [JURIE]
4. Kono Sora no Dokoka de [Aoi]
5. Fly away [misuzu feat. Aoi]
6. Aitakute [karuta & Hirona]
7. a drop in the water -duo version- [Lia & REI]
8. believe [YU⇒KA & REI]
9. Tsubasa wo Kudasai -acoustic ver- [Lia & Aoi]
10.Kagayakeru Basho [Lia, Aoi, YU⇒KA, karuta, REI, Hirona, misuzu]
11.Silent Message [Lia]
If you have my mp3 collection, you should recognize the first song, “Shinsei Philosophy”. Yes, it’s the OP song of the game “Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na -Moonlight Cradle-“. Yes, that means FEEEEEEEEENA (sorry, I just had to say that :P). And if you wonder about track 9, yes, it’s that “Tsubasa wo Kudasai”. Two things I would like to note though: 1) there’s a picture of the singer(s) under each song’s lyrics, other than first one’s, which means Yamamoto’s is missing. That’s quite a pity; 2) “Aoi” in this album is Tada Aoi, who is recognized for performing the ED of GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO-, “doll”, and most lately the ED of Angel Beats!, “Brave Song”.
Meeting the expectation, this album is nothing short of amazing. I mean, songs like “Kaze no Kotowari” (no, it’s not “Kaze no Ri” as listed at some places), “Ruri no Tori”, “Omoi no Kanata”, “Snowdrop”, “Eien”, etc. are there, how wrong can the album go? Whether you are a fan of Shimotsukin or not, this album should easily impress you.
1. Kaze no Kotowari
2. Ruri no Tori
3. Everywhere With You
4. Omoi no Kanata
5. Hajimari no story
7. Blade of Tears
8. Hoshi no Yume -Gathering the stars of love-
9. Rakuen no Kagi
11.Tabidachi no Uta
13.so happy days
14.Nemuri no Hate no Aoi Hana
15.Michibiki no Harmony
The most noteworthy song of this album is none other than the original song of this album, whose title is also used for the album’s title, “Michibiki no Harmony”, featuring both music and lyrics written by Shimotsukin herself. The music is nice, but more importantly it’s the lyrics that describes how she feels about her music, or how she would like you to feel about her music. If you can understand the lyrics, it’s a pretty interesting song.
Added 5 new songs. You can find them in Download section, with DDL available.
1. You & Me [Tamura Yukari feat. motsu from m.o.v.e] (even though it’s not exactly a song that you can loop continuously, it can get pretty addictive. It’s the kind of song that you want to listen from time to time)
2. natalis [eufonius] (if you downloaded our single “Online RPG MapleStory November Theme Song Single – Divinity”, of which the song is from, the cover drawing depicts the song, or the other way round. Its image is like a fairytale world, but not exactly quite so. I’m not sure how to describe it well, you just have to listen to it yourself)
3. Hikari no Senritsu [Kalafina] (before my PV of that song on youtube got removed, lots of people commented that it’s the best Kalafina song. Maybe some of you don’t agree with it, but you can’t deny that it’s one of their best songs)
4. allegretto -Sora to Kimi- [KOTOKO] (OP of the so-famous high-ranked game “Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo”. Too bad there’s no English translation of the game, if it ever happens. It’s the game that gave me most laughs, and tears to many in the grand ending scene. The OP song reflects the game really well)
5. Sora no Sukima [Katakiri Rekka] (not sure why I didn’t include this song earlier. It’s the insert song of yet another so-famous even-higher-ranked game “Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo”. There is an English translation of the game, even though the translation seemed way too literal to me from the little bit I tried, you HAVE to play the game. It has changed the views of life of many. As for the song itself, there’s only one word for it: passionate. Heartrending kind of passionate)
How was our March BGM? I believe most of you should have enjoyed it, possibly without recognizing where it was from. Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo, whose adapation into anime failed big time, is, however, a very nice game. I haven’t got that many good laughs from an ADV game/VN for a long time. Since my gaming mood has yet to be over, I picked a BGM of another game I have played lately for our April’s BGM. This time I believe many should recognize it, since a lot of people have played it because of the existence of an English patch for it. Click “Background Music” on the right under the link section to listen to it now.
Yes, I know I haven’t done any GWAVE for a while. I didn’t really plan to do this one either, but after seeing the tracklist, I decided to. If you have been following game songs, quite a few of them should be familiar to you. In fact, we have released the singles of some of the songs, such as “Promise -Tsukiyo no Kioku-” and “Shukufuku no Campanella“. Let’s take a look at the full tracklist:
1. Flyable Heart [KIYO]
2. see-saw!! [Chata]
3. Primary [Rita]
4. Promise -Tsukiyo no Kioku- [Satou Hiromi x NANA]
5. reach for the runway [Rita]
6. Natsuiro Straight! [Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets]
7. Shukufuku no Campanella [Satou Hiromi & NANA]
8. Papiliones [Itou Kanako]
9. Towararebito [YuNa]
10.Eternal recurrence [Hashimoto Miyuki]
11.Jounetsu no Wobble [Kicco]
13.Tabidachi no Yoake [Rita]
14.Call my name [Inoue Miyu x team Love Bullets]
16.PrincessParty -Seishun Kinshirei- [Ayu+Miru+Ruu+Yukaina Nakamatachi]
This time I’m not going to recommend any specific songs, the whole album is just pretty nice in general. It does live up to the album title, “1st Ace (of 2009)”.
First of all, I would like to take this chance to thank edogawaconan again for providing us the scans of Kalafina’s previous album, Seventh Heaven. Now let’s take a look at their new album, Red Moon:
1. red moon
2. Hikari no Senritsu
3. Te to Te to Me to Me
5. Haru ha Kogane no Yume no Naka*
7. Yami no Uta
8. Hoshi no Utai
13.I have a dream
*As opposed to what’s listed on English wikipedia and pretty much every other sites, it’s not “..Ougon no Yume..”
Other than “Hikari no Senritsu” that I already added onto my mp3 player (by the way, I will write a post soon of the new songs I added), my choices from this album are “Kyrie” and “I have a dream”, especially the latter one. It’s a very concert-encore-like song. For your information, “I have a dream” is the theme song of the movie of “Eve no Jikan”, which is airing in theatres right now. I might consider adding that song onto my mp3 player.
After I mentioned that our February BGM was highly related to yuinyan, I got quite a few people asking me for the title of the game. So did any of you recognize it or figure it out by yourself? Lately I’m in gaming mood, so after finishing a few in the past month, I picked the title screen music of one of them for our March’s BGM. If you don’t recognize it right away and are interested for hints of it, they are: 1) the game is ranked 22nd on a certain ranking; and 2) it was adapted into anime. Click “Background Music” on the right under the link section to listen to it now.